AU: Final Words | POV: Katniss Everdeen
Finnick looks up at me as the mutts tear at him, I see him speak words that are barely audible. “Tell her I love her” I make out as one mutt yanks back his head to take the death bite.
My nightmares are usually about losing you.
katniss everdeen + blue → requested by fizzingwhizbees-s
A few hours later, the stampede of feet shakes me from slumber. I look around in bewilderment. It’s not yet dawn, but my stinging eyes can see it. It would be hard to miss the wall of fire descending on me. My first impulse is to scramble from the tree, but I’m belted in. Somehow my fumbling fingers release the buckle and I fall to the ground in a heap, still snarled in my sleeping bag. There’s no time for any kind of packing. Fortunately, my backpack and water bottle are already in the bag. I shove in the belt, hoist the bag over my shou,der, and flee. The world has transformed to flame and smoke. Burning branches crack from trees and fall in showers of sparks at my feet.
“I never felt like I completely, 100% understood something so well as acting.”
Tell me that you’ll stay, an Everlark fanmix. Download here.
• I know she knows I’m not fond of asking, true or false it may be, she’s still out to get me. Naive; The Kooks.
• My whole world is changing, I don’t know where to turn. I can’t leave you waiting but I can’t stay and watch this city burn, watch it burn. I’ll Try; Jesse McCartney.
• Close your eyes and you clothe yourself, paint your heart in armour to defend your innocence while you do everything wrong.The Age Of Worry; John Mayer.
• No one knows what its like to feel this feelings like I do, and I blame you! No one bites back as hard on their anger, none of my pain and woe can show through. Behind Blue Eyes; Limp Bizkit.
• Baby, I’m yours and I’ll be yours until the sun no longer shines, yours until the poets run out of rhyme, in other words, until the end of time. Baby I’m Yours; Arctic Monkeys.
• Pretty eyes staring back at me so blue and wide, the colors of the summer sky, the colors of the world. If love is blind, why do I see you so clearly now? Pretty Eyes; Alex Goot.
• Little by little, inch by inch, we built a yard with a garden in the middle of it. It ain’t much but it’s a start, you got me swaying right along to the song in your heart and a face to call home.A Face To Call Home; John Mayer.
• Stay with me, baby, stay with me tonight, don’t leave me alone. Walk with me, come and walk with me to the edge of all we’ve ever known. Kiss Me Slowly; Parachute.
• ‘Cause I need more time, just a few more months and we’ll be fine, so say what’s on your mind ‘cause I can’t figure out just what’s inside. More Time; Needtobreathe.
• Yeah, I know that you’ve been shattered, you been bruised, we both know what it feels like when you lose, but I’d bet my life on the roll of the dice for you. If That’s What It Takes; Bon Jovi.
Instead of trying to wrestle his way free, his forefinger veers off and makes a deliberate X on the back of Cato’s hand.