“But it wasn’t until Peeta hit the force field and nearly died that I…” Finnick hesitates.
I think back to the arena. How I sobbed when Finnick revived Peeta. The quizzical look on Finnick’s face. The way he excused my behaviour, blaming it on my pretend pregancy.
“That you what?”
“That I knew I’d misjudged you. That you do love him…”
So, Peeta, tell me. Is there a special girl back home?
The Hunger Games ( 2012 )
Deep in the meadow, under the willow
a bed of grass, a soft green pillow
lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes
and when again they open, the sun will rise.
Hunger Games/Doctor Who crossover: Rose talks to Peeta the night before the Games.
My nightmares are usually about losing you.
My set of Hunger Games character portraits: Katniss, Cinna, Gale, Finnick, Peeta, Effie. See the fullsize at my gallery: http://pseudolirium.deviantart.com
And I’ve lost who I am, and I can’t understand.
Why my heart is so broken, rejecting your love, without, love gone wrong, lifeless words carry on.
But I know, all I know, is that the end’s beginning.
Who I am from the start, take me home to my heart.
Let me go and I will run, I will not be silent. (x)
Tell me that you’ll stay, an Everlark fanmix. Download here.
• I know she knows I’m not fond of asking, true or false it may be, she’s still out to get me. Naive; The Kooks.
• My whole world is changing, I don’t know where to turn. I can’t leave you waiting but I can’t stay and watch this city burn, watch it burn. I’ll Try; Jesse McCartney.
• Close your eyes and you clothe yourself, paint your heart in armour to defend your innocence while you do everything wrong.The Age Of Worry; John Mayer.
• No one knows what its like to feel this feelings like I do, and I blame you! No one bites back as hard on their anger, none of my pain and woe can show through. Behind Blue Eyes; Limp Bizkit.
• Baby, I’m yours and I’ll be yours until the sun no longer shines, yours until the poets run out of rhyme, in other words, until the end of time. Baby I’m Yours; Arctic Monkeys.
• Pretty eyes staring back at me so blue and wide, the colors of the summer sky, the colors of the world. If love is blind, why do I see you so clearly now? Pretty Eyes; Alex Goot.
• Little by little, inch by inch, we built a yard with a garden in the middle of it. It ain’t much but it’s a start, you got me swaying right along to the song in your heart and a face to call home.A Face To Call Home; John Mayer.
• Stay with me, baby, stay with me tonight, don’t leave me alone. Walk with me, come and walk with me to the edge of all we’ve ever known. Kiss Me Slowly; Parachute.
• ‘Cause I need more time, just a few more months and we’ll be fine, so say what’s on your mind ‘cause I can’t figure out just what’s inside. More Time; Needtobreathe.
• Yeah, I know that you’ve been shattered, you been bruised, we both know what it feels like when you lose, but I’d bet my life on the roll of the dice for you. If That’s What It Takes; Bon Jovi.
Bad. This is bad. It brings on the flood of images that torments me, awake or asleep. Peeta being tortured - drowned, burned, lacerated, shocked, maimed, beaten - as the Capitol tries to get information about the rebellion that he doesn’t know. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to reach for him across the hundreds and hundreds of miles, to send my thoughts into his mind, to let him know he is not alone.
But he is.
And I can’t help him. - Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins